Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The state of my faith

Someone recently asked me how I would sum up the state of my current faith.  I don't think I've mentioned much about my faith in this blog of mine.  I did talk about my early beliefs as a child and some of the books I've read on religion (see for example, this blog entry) but I haven't really written about my current faith.

This was what I told (or sang to) my friend facetiously, "My head is saying, 'Fool, forget Him (He doesn't exist!)'.  My heart is saying, 'Don't let go'. Hold on to the end, that's what I intend to do."

That about sums up everything.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeff, We all have hopes of all kinds. Some girls hope to marry a prince and some boys hope to be astronauts. Some hope that there'd be some after-life. I'm holding on to the hope that God is real.

    ReplyDelete